Saturday, August 7, 2010

I Want To Zumba!!!

There are periods in my life when I seem to be more active than others. Now seems to be one of those times. Every week I look forward to my Wednesday Pilates Reformer class and Friday Pilates mat class. I will never schedule anything during that time.

Over the years I have done done aerobics, yoga, step classes and kickboxing. At the gym I do cardio, weights and aquafit. I try to keep active because I love to eat. Earlier this year I did a belly dancing class. I was glad that I did something outside of my comfort zone.

This is the third year that I have purchased the Passport To Prana pass that allows you to try yoga classes at various studios in your city. The price is amazing. In Toronto it is only $30 plus tax. It is also available in other cities in Canada and the United States.

Recently I have been looking for a new challenge. I would really love to do Zumba. It looks like so much fun. Zumba is a dance fitness program created by Alberto "Beto" Perez in Colombia in the 1990's. The program includes rhythms like merengue, salsa, samba, cumbia, hip hop and reggateton.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: