Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Roots Leather Factory Tour

Today myself along with other bloggers had the opportunity to get a tour of the Roots Leather Factory located at 1162 Caledonia Road in Toronto.

I had been looking forward to the tour for the past week. I am proud to say that I have a few Roots bags that I have owned for about 7 years. The bags are still in great condition. Another plus is that they are Made in Canada.

The following are some pictures that I took on the tour. The bags are for the new Spring collection. We received a personal tour of the leather factory from Karl Kowalewski, Director of Leather and Product Development.

It was interesting to see the mix of old and new technology used to make the bags. I have noticed that the quality of leather used in making a Roots bag is very different to any other leather bag that I own. They are a great investment.

Making the shoes


Lots of leather


Karl Kowalewski


Karl showing us the first machine used to make shoes


The new collection for Spring






I really enjoyed the tour and realized  that I need to do some shopping. I have a feeling that I will be getting the Roots Kristina bag very soon.

I would like to thank Laura for inviting me to the event and everyone else involved.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Faty&Sury said...

This post is very interesting, compliments!
Please see our blog, and if you like follow it, we will exchange again:)
Kiss!

http://todayilook.blogspot.com/