Wednesday, September 15, 2010

TIFF 2010: Day 7

CelebritiesImage via Wikipedia
Today when I was getting a massage my massage therapist asked me if I had seen any celebrities. I told her that I was not interested in seeing the stars. I have been going to the TIFF since 1995. Over the years I have seen many celebrities, but I don't get excited. Most of the people that actually attend the screenings of the films are interested in the movies and not who is coming to the festival.

She listed off names of all of the celebrities that she had seen. I asked her if she was the massage therapist to the stars. I was joking. She said yes. I could not believe it. No wonder I had so much trouble making an appointment for this week.

Over the years I can see the festival changing. It is more about what celebrities are coming than about the films. That is quite disappointing for someone who loves watching good movies.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: