Tuesday, March 3, 2009

How Did I Do That?


This afternoon I went to the ATM to take out $20. At the end of the transaction I looked at my receipt and did a double-take. I thought there must have been a mistake. Between Sunday when I did my banking and Tuesday afternoon, a lot of money was missing from my bank account. I had two payments to come out of my account, but there still should have had more money. 

The first thought that came to my mind was that someone took money out of my account. I immediately put my ATM card back into the machine to get a printout of my transactions. I quickly perused the list and discovered that I had spent money that I forgot about, like the new Apple AirPort Extreme Router, groceries, and the Stila lip gloss (brown sugar) from Sephora. Good thing I decided not to buy that bag a Browns Shoes prior to going to the bank machine.

Maybe I should have waited until payday to buy the router. It was an unexpected expense which I rushed out to buy.

No comments: