Tuesday, July 7, 2009

One Week

I usually don't complain about customer service. I have only done it once before on this blog in the last year. However, last Tuesday I went to Noah's Natural Foods store in Toronto to purchase some vitamins. One of the items I wanted was not in stock. The cashier said that they would be putting in an order the following Monday. She gave me a business card and put the day and time that I should call to put in the order for the item.

I called the store Monday morning and spoke to someone to request that the item be ordered. I was told that in order for me to put in the order, I would have to go to the store and pay in advance. I told the girl on the phone that I was not told that when I was in the store last week. I was quite frustrated as it was very difficult to find this item. During the time that I was waiting to place the order, I tried several other health stores to no avail. I told her that I would go to The Big Carrot. That is another natural food store in Toronto. I called the store and luckily they had the item in stock. I asked them to hold it for me and I would pick it up on Tuesday (today).

Although it took one week to get the item, I discovered a store that I have wanted to go to for the longest time. It is out of the way. Toronto is a big city and even though I was born here, there are a lot of places in the city I have never been.

On my way to The Big Carrot, I passed a store called Grassroots. I decided that I would drop in on my way back to the subway. This store sells environmentally-friendly products such as personal care items, stationery, and household cleaning products. I purchased a new travel mug as the one that I have now is impossible to clean. My hand will actually be able to fit in the mug. I also purchased a reusable lunch bag. It is impossible to find a plastic bag in the house now to use for my lunch since I use reusable shopping bags. All stores in Toronto are now charging 5 cents for plastic bags.


Biodegradable Corn Travel Mug

Say goodbye to single-use, disposable cups! This durable commuter mug is a great alternative for those who love their lattes on the go.

Best of all, because it's made entirely from corn, it is completely biodegradable!

Boasting a solid 17oz capacity and a stylish graphic of Grassroots' inspiring environmental slogans, this travel mug is:

  • Made from 100% U.S. corn plastic (natural fermented corn starch with less than 1% non-toxic dye)
  • Free of petrochemicals
  • Biodegradable
  • Non-leaching
  • Microwave safe
  • We recommend hand washing your corn mug to preserve its rich luster.
$9.99




Reuseable Cotton Drawstring Lunch Bag

This washable cotton lunch bag - with drawstring closure - is a great alternative to plastic or nylon lunch bags!

Do your part for the environment and proudly carry your lunch to school or work with an unbleached cotton lunch bag.

Available in natural colour

$3.99





No comments: