Friday, December 5, 2008

Future Shop Raincheck


Back on November 17th, I went to Future Shop to purchase Shure SE110 Noise Isolating Earphones for my iPod that were on sale. I did not see the earphones on the shelf so I asked a salesperson if they were sold out. The salesperson checked the computer to see if there were any in the store. I was told that the item was sold out and that an order was placed for more. I was told that I could get a raincheck. The salesperson took my name and phone number and would contact me when they arrived.

Today I decided to go to the store after work to see if the item was in stock as the raincheck was only valid for 30 days. I was told that they had some in the store, but they were sold the day before. I asked what would happen if my raincheck expired. I was told that there was nothing that they could do. The salesperson suggested that I check with other stores to see if the earphones were in stock. He checked the computer to see which stores had the item in stock.

When I got home I looked closely at the raincheck. It read:

We're sorry, but we are temporarily out of stock of the above item(s). We'll notify you as soon as the product is in stock, so that you may make your purchase at the above price.

Valid for 30 days from date of issue. Redeemable only at issuing store.


According to the raincheck I can only purchase the item at the store that issued the raincheck. They are out of stock and don't know when they will get anymore. I noticed in this weeks flyer that Best Buy has the earphones on sale for the same price as my raincheck. I may go there instead and get reward points.

No comments: