Monday, December 21, 2009

Discounted Gift Cards


Have you ever received a gift card that you never used? At this time of year many people will give or receive gift cards as Christmas presents.

The website CardSwap is Canada's #1 site for discounted gift cards at 10-40% off face value. The concept is similar to Ebay a peer to peer online market. Gift card holders can redeem their unwanted gift cards for cash and shoppers can save money.

I love a deal so I was very intrigued when I heard about the website. I have a gift card in my wallet that I have been carrying around for the last two months. I can't find anything in the store to purchase.

To purchase a gift card on the website take the following steps:

  • register on the website
  • search for the gift card by merchant, price or category
  • select the gift card
  • confirm shipping address
  • make payment using INTERAC online from your financial institution
You can also create a wish list of favourite retailers and are notified when gift cards become available.

All gift cards are validated before they are put on the website. The website does not accept credit cards or PayPal as a form of payment. The form of payment that is accepted is INTERAC. Making a payment is similar to making an online bill payment.

Enter to win an iPod Touch by visiting the website. The contest ends December 31, 2009.




No comments: