Thursday, January 15, 2009

Recessionista???


When I travel I carry almost everything that I own. Basically, I am not a light traveller. The last time I went on vacation I had one large suitcase, a carry-on bag and my purse. I had to carry three heavy bags in two hands. I decided that the next time I go on trip that I would have to get a new bag. I wanted something like a messenger bag that was functional. I have checked out different websites and browsed in some stores, but I have not been able to find anything that I like.

Last night a thought came to me. Why spend money on a new bag when I could just use one that I already own? I have several bags that had a shoulder strap attached. I would take the strap off as it always got in the way. I decided to look for the strap for my Roots bag. I could not find it, but I found the strap for my brown Lululemon bag. I decided to attach the strap to a large leather Cha Cha bag which had a short shoulder strap. I was so amazed at how good the bag looked. It is a large bag that is very roomy and would be great for travelling. Sometimes when you are looking for something you would be surprised what you can find in your closet. Did I just have a recessionista moment? I saved myself some money.

No comments: